The 2018-2019 OMD Application is now open!
Please carefully read the requirements below to ensure you are eligible to apply for the 2018-2019 program year.
- Be enrolled or plan to be enrolled full-time at an OMD Partner Community College* and graduate no earlier than Spring 2019
- Be eligible for (and eventually receive) Pell or STAR Scholarship
- Have at least a 2.0 GPA
- Be pursuing your first college degree
*OMD Partner Community Colleges: the seven City Colleges of Chicago, Harper College, Prairie State College, and South Suburban College.
Applicant must be a Housing Authority of Cook County resident or voucher recipient to be eligible for the Prairie State College and South Suburban College Programs. If you have questions, please [email protected]
Students who applied for OMD in the past are not eligible to re-apply.
About the Application Process
- APPLY! The 2018-2019 OMD application is NOW OPEN.
- If selected to become an OMD Scholar, students will enter into the Provisional Acceptance period. Provisional acceptance requirements include:
Reviewing a welcome presentation
Taking an OMD Program and expectations quiz
Attending a one-on-one intake meeting
Meeting all terms of the provisional admissions period. This includes maintaining consistent communication, and submitting relevant documents including transcripts and the Student Aid Report or STAR Scholarship award* to verify Pell or STAR Scholarship Eligibility.
If you have not yet completed the FAFSA for 2018-2019, please do so here: https://fafsa.ed.gov/.
*Star Scholarship recipients who are Pell eligible will be required to submit their SAR. Undocumented students need to only submit proof of receiving the STAR Scholarship.
- Attend One Million Degrees New Student Orientation in August 2018.
- Once all steps of the Provisional Admissions period are complete, scholars will be officially welcomed to the One Million Degrees program!
EARLY DEADLINE: MARCH 7TH
FINAL DEADLINE: MAY 16TH
If you have questions about the application process, please email [email protected] for more information or join our mailing list below to stay connected.